- Indent style is Allman (BSD) -like, ie. brace on the next line from a control statement, indented on the same level. In switch-case statements the cases are on the same indent level as the switch statement.
- Indents use 4 spaces instead of tabs. Indents on empty lines should not be kept.
- Class and struct names are in camelcase beginning with an uppercase letter. They should be nouns. For example DebugRenderer, FreeTypeLibrary, Graphics.
- Functions are likewise in upper-camelcase. For example CreateComponent, SetLinearRestThreshold.
- Variables are in lower-camelcase. Member variables have an underscore appended. For example numContacts, randomSeed_.
- Constants and enumerations are in uppercase. For example Vector3::ZERO or PASS_SHADOW.
- Pointers and references append the * or & symbol to the type without a space in between. For example Drawable* drawable, Serializer& dest.
- Class definitions proceed in the following order:
- public constructors and the destructor
- public virtual functions
- public non-virtual member functions
- public static functions
- public member variables
- public static variables
- repeat all of the above in order for protected definitions, and finally private
- Header files are commented using one-line comments beginning with /// to mark them for Doxygen.
- Inline functions are defined inside the class definitions where possible, without using the inline keyword.